Tests of a new rocket engine
are conducted. The rocket is launched straight up and data collected by
computers and displayed as graphs. As the engineer in charge of evaluating
the new engine, you are handed a graph of speed versus time. You take
the graph and go into the office of the chief engineer to discuss the
|Answer the Chiefs questions
1) For how many seconds did the fuel last for?
2) How many seconds after launch did the rocket reach peak altitude?
3) How long did the rocket take to return back to earth?
4) Did the parachutes open or did the rocket crash?
5) At what speed did the rocket return back to earth?
6) Between 15 and 25 seconds the rocket is decelerating. What force/s cause the deceleration?