|Nerves communicate, not by direct contact, but by chemical action across a small gap called a synapse.|
|Two neurons communicate with each other via chemicals called neuro transmitters.|
View the animation of a nerve conducting an impulse and answer the following questions.
1) Where is the neurotransmitter kept
2) When an impulse arrives at the end of a neuron what must happen before vesicles containing neurotransmitter migrate to the membrane?
3) Once released into the synapse the neurotransmitter
4) Once on the post synaptic neuron the neurotransmitter causes the
5) Which of the following will move into the post synaptic neuron as a result of the neurotransmitter?